Market and Sell YOUR Books: My special Tips for Indie Authors

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Cajas, outside of Cuenca, taken on an afternoon walk last Sunday.


Just got back from applying for (and receiving) my special bus fare ticket. Now I can ride for 12 cents! In Ecuador, once you're 65, you get half price off public transportation.  What a great deal. We walked over to a cute restaurant afterwards and had cafe con leche and pan (a roll) in a place next to the ferria libre market. It was decorated with rope nets. Looked liked something you'd see in the Oriente (the Amazon region).

As aways, we ran into someone we know (from Nashville) and enjoyed talking for a while. She'd been to Villcabamba, a place I've  been wanting to visit. It's in a big rich valley with a winding river about four hours south of Cuenca. Wouldn't want to live there. It's too isolated and too many rich Gringos. But it's supposed to be fun. I've been told there's someone who can represent each conspiracy theory, and that sounds great. Some bar, called Charlies, is supposed to be a good hangout, and I hear there are several great b and b's.

But I must get back to writing. We've had no news on our lost dog,Ralph, and I'm pretty sick about it. We do have a new "girl" we're calling Cheryl. Someone called and said they might hd possibly found Ralph, but it was Cheryl who was homeless. We've tried to find her owners but no one is responding, so I guess she's now ours. She likes people and is sweet. Looks like some sort of a poodle mix.

I have five more chapters to write on The Plan -- I'm giving myself the rest of the week. This is exciting. Would love to hear any comments. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment