Market and Sell YOUR Books: My special Tips for Indie Authors

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Women making Panama Hats by hand in Sigsig, Ecuador




Just finishing some research on Sigsig for my novel, The Plan (due out next month) and I wanted to share this video of women hand weaving Panama hats up in the Andes, in this remote villate.

I got a hat there, myself, when I traveled thee last month. Unbelieveable! It was just $10.

Anyway, a big chase scene takes place here, when the widow of a murdered black lawyer from Alabama hides out, while her friend goes to Guayaquil to purchase plane tickets to go back to the U..S. The bad guy learns she's in Sigsig, with a friend, Colon, and he sets out to find her, and ends of chasing her and Colon back to Cuenca!

Enjoy the weaving -- Sigsig is a beautiful journey from here, about 90 minutes by public bus. There's an unbelievable hostel there on the mountain side with swimming pools. Great place to knock off a Sunday afternoon. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment